RSL BOZ

RSLBoz.com
 
Over the years as I’ve posted soccer and RSL related content, I’ve been known to post a poem every now and again. I love poetry, and have many favorite writers. From the many famous author’s I’ve studied, my favorite poet is someone I’ve known all my life, but mostly unknown to the rest of the world. He is a charismatic comedian, a chameleon of many colors. He inspires me with his words and comprehends this world different than most of us. He is my brother, who is incarcerated and will spend another Holiday season behind bars.

He has written many poems for me, and I couldn't possibly choose a favorite. Recently he sent me this one as his Christmas gift, and I would like to share it with all who will read it...





True Christmas
___________________________________



Softly tumbling from the sky
to eager tongue and lash of eye,
a gentle, slow, and silent glow;
frosty flakes of winter’s snow.

Children laugh in sheer delight
as day gives way to chilly night.
Windows blaze with frosty glare,
And chimney smoke perfumes the air.

A Christmas wreath on every street
and multi-colored lights to greet,
and boughs of holly, too, adorn
to celebrate, Christ is born!

Silent night and Jingle bells
full of love; the heart it swells.
Christmas carols sweet to hear,
thoughts of loved-ones far and near.

Children build their men of snow,
stockings hang in fire’s glow.
Festive lights upon the tree,
candy canes for you and me.

Children eager to unwrap
a fire-truck or doll, perhaps,
and charity for those in need,
peace and love in thought and deed.

In spirit of a selfless cause
a moment’s thought to Santa Claus,
but every hour can afford
remembrance of the birth, our Lord.

In loving reverence on this earth
we celebrate our Savior’s birth.
Peace on earth, good will toward men,
Happy Birthday, Lord. Amen.


-Jef Boz














Boz's Playoff/Championship Review

Dates relevant to publication. Click photo to view post.






Season Finale Awaits... 10.23.09








Findley Brace Secures Playoffs, RMC 10.25.09








RSLxCrew Flashback (4.2.09)








Playoffs: Findley for the Win in Halloween Thriller 10.31.09








Playoffs: Salt Lake Swing Back, Knock Out Crew 11.5.09








Blanco, Fire Welcome RSL to Chicago 11.7.09/Foto Flashback








Playoffs: Fire x RSL 11.13.09








RSL Win Eastern Conf./Airport Welcome 11.14.09








In it to Win it 11.18.09








Boz's MLS Cup 2009 Fotos 11.23.09








Capitol, Parade Fotoz 11.24.09








RioT Celebration Fotoz 11.24.09








RSLBoz YouTube Channel...(click on photo)












 

RSLBOZ.com