RSL BOZ

RSLBoz.com
 
We Are The CHAMPIONS!


Real Salt Lake are 2009 Major League Soccer Champions.




Boz's MLS Cup 2009...


Welcome to Boz's MLS Cup 2009. Below you will witness many photographs of RSL Nation's legendary gathering in the host city of Seattle, where underdog Real Salt Lake defeated the much favored Los Angeles Galaxy 5-4 on PK's.

I will explain in light detail the different sections of photos as you browse.



Room with a View...


...and down to Pike Place 11.21














Von's Roast House


(...a very friendly bar that has 896 available spirits. They also have the largest English gin collection in the world...)





Out of all the places I could have gone for a drink, I chose the one with a comic of Brian "Boz" Bosworth hanging on the wall above, well, the urinal, no less... So yeah, I took out my camera in the bathroom and snapped a quick shot before anyone else walked in...haha.






After a nice night on the town and a sobering dip in the hot tub on the panoramic 35th floor of Sheraton, I got a shitty nite sleep (the beds are terrible and the rain was pelting the window all night...), and I hit up the hotel's breakfast joint for a cup of joe and a quick bite. Apparently LA Galaxy had just bounced from the place, having dined in 30 minutes previous, or so the waiter claimed...




Hoofin' it...11.22


Now venturing through the beautiful and very soccer friendly Downtown Seattle, I quickly found my camera glued to my eyeball as I squinted up and down the hills and walkways in the Emerald City, snapping and gawking, sometimes struck stupid with the pulsating, creative atmosphere...













...and seemingly a very long time, it was in fact not a long walk to Qwest Field from Pike and 6th ave.





F.X. McRory's, and the Pre-game Party at Qwest Field


F.X. McRory's was at full throttle as Kasey Keller played Bar-tender and served rabid fans, and across the street at the stadium, Fredy Montero, Dwayne De Rosario, and Jimmy Conrad signed autographs, looking genuinely intrigued with fans.

















Million Supporter March

Then the march began. I'm not sure how many people were marching, but from block to city block, supporters of all sides were marching together to the music of Seattle Sounders' "Sound Wave" band. Chanting, screaming, poster waving, birdie flippin' and sporadic dancing ensued while the blast of tuba's, trumpets and drums filled the air, and the colorful music bounced back and forth amongst the buildings toward Qwest Field. Apparently Drew Carey was in the march, but I didn't see him.

































After the frantic and exciting march, it was time to go inside the stadium. Cruising up to 338 to find my seat, I walked past a beer counter and couldn't resist. Digging through my pockets for some cash, I asked for a beer. To my surprise, the employees told me if I slammed a cup of beer (cold as hell, mind you) that they would hook me up with a free one... and so I did just that. At $7.50 a piece, I was willing to suffer a little brain freeze.







Game On...

...and now for the match, of which you already know the outcome. Enjoy.

































The End




























 

RSLBOZ.com