RSL BOZ

RSLBoz.com
 


















Got your Goat...



Damn. Out of all matches I couldn’t make it to, it had to be this one.

I arrived home late on Wednesday evening and watched a replay of the match, fully expecting to be let down. Like anyone else, I was surprised and happy with the end result--but I didn’t allow myself to bask in the 4-0 victory that RSL handed Chivas USA at the RioT in Sandy.


In no way was this game the best soccer I’ve seen, that’s for sure, but it was still relieving (or should I say, therapeutic) to take in. But the relief is only temporary. In fact, I’m already beyond the satisfaction. This bi-polar Salt Lake club slaughtered the Goats at home, but their own season is still on the chopping block. Real Salt Lake can’t buy a win (and most of the time even a decent game) on the road. They need to go for full points in K.C. this weekend. A draw just isn’t good enough this late in the season. If they don’t get that elusive win on the road, you might as well stab a fork in ‘em.


A few players worth mention: Olave was impenetrably sleek and instinctually precise. Glad the Beast is back in the lineup. Espindola played outside of himself--a subconscious projection; calculating his own every move in real time and reacting one step ahead. Findley was lethal as a sub (no surprise) and danced in the 18 yard box like a butterfly and stung like a bee with his surgically smooth finishing. My man Lil' Wing has 10 goals so far in this waning, questionable campaign. I know he has at least 2-3 more in him before it’s all said and done.

Anyway, you didn't come here for that. You came here for photos. As I mentioned, I couldn't attend this one, but will definitely be at the next home match--so please come on back and I should have somethin’ for ya.

Cheers and all that good stuff,


-Boz


ps: for highlights, links and a replay of the match, check out RSLFM.com.

















RSL v Houston Fotos HERE








































 

RSLBOZ.com