RSL BOZ

RSLBoz.com
 

(Real Salt Lake are in the Playoffs for the first time in franchise history)



Match Links...




Salt Lake Tribune Photo Gallery: RSL v cRapids



Deseret News/James Edward: Tie sends Real Salt Lake to the playoffs

"I couldn't believe it. I thought we played poorly, to be completely honest. I thought overall it was one of our worst games of the season," said Kreis, who added that he was happy "to see the guys just continue to stick with it and continue to believe."




Salt Lake Tribune/Michael C. Lewis: Just when RSL appears doomed, it pulls out a grand finish

Real Salt Lake pulled out the greatest finish in its history at the most implausible and important moment, qualifying for the Major League Soccer playoffs for the first time after four trying seasons when striker Yura Movsisyan scored in the 90th minute to give it a 1-1 draw with the rival Colorado Rapids in the regular-season finale on Saturday night.




Deseret News/James Edward: Substitutions give Real Salt Lake a spark

"I don't want to be greedy, but I wanted to go in at halftime. I had a feeling if we kept it 0-0, 1-0 at halftime, thought we had a good chance. I didn't think they'd be able to keep us off the board tonight," said Williams.




Salt Lake Tribune/Michael C. Lewis: Williams' role gets Kreis emotional

"For me, that's just unbelievable," Kreis said following the staggering 1-1 draw that lifted RSL into the Major League Soccer playoffs for the first time in its four-year history. "It's been a very, very difficult year for Andy, so much going on in his life. He has just continued to work hard and showed so much commitment and dedication. . . . To have him involved in that goal was just absolutely special. That's stuff history is made of."




Deseret News/James Edward: RSL at Colorado player grades

Nick Rimando (8) – RSL could've easily been down 3-0 or 4-0 before Movsisyan ever scored his 90th minute goal. Rimando kept it a one goal game with several spectacular saves throughout the game.

Javier Morales (3) – Wasn't good at all. Virtually non-existent at times. Colorado was committed to taking him out of the match, and Morales just never adjusted.




Whittier Daily News/Phil Collin: Chivas in for Real problems

Five minutes into the second half, Houston forward Nate Jaqua found himself bearing in alone on goalkeeper Kennedy, who came out to make the play. Kennedy dived and extended his arms as Jaqua hurdled the keeper, and referee Terry Vaughn immediately pointed for a penalty kick and pulled out a red card for Kennedy as he was surrounded by incredulous Chivas players.





Real Salt Lake: Best Goals 2008


(by scaryice)






Boz Note...


If anyone out there fancies a specific photo that I've posted in the past, or perhaps a specific player, just drop me a line and I will email you the raw shot--for Free-Fifty-Free.

Just tryin' to spread that RSL love one photo at a time.

-Boz

(rslboz@gmail.com)

 

RSLBOZ.com