I dropped by the Stadium site today, and to my surprise, Mr. Checketts was in the lobby awaiting the arrival of his family. I overheard someone say Happy Birthday to Dave, and I also heard someone say it was the Checketts family reunion, and they were stopping by the Stadium for a tour. Soon thereafter, a bus load of Dave's relatives flooded in.
After putting on a hardhat and a stylin' orange vest, I made my way out from the lobby to the construction site as quickly as possible so that I could avoid the wave of relatives.
As I walked around the site, I was amazed once again at the progress the workers had made. I haven't been here since early June, so seeing the scoreboard and the completion of the seats on the lower "bowl" was very cool. Some seats on the upper deck have also been installed, but only a few.
While snapping shots, I found myself thinking back to the rust colored steel skeleton that appeared to have been un-earthed only a few months back in the cold winter season. From the drab colors of then, to the vibrant and colorful days of now, the stadium has never looked better.
Dave & Co. arrived at the northeast side and walked around the site slowly. It appeared that Dave was the official tour guide, as he could be heard across the field talking proudly. It must be great to own a team and walk around with your family in the beautiful gem in which your club will call home.
The sun began to announce its afternoon dominance as I was nearly done making the rounds. I knew I was taking more pictures than normal, and it was hotter than hell, but I just couldn't get enough. Must be that I simply missed the place. Every time I stop by, I end up leaving with butterflies in my stomach, anticipating the opening match.
Until then, here are some photos to help pass the time.
-Boz
Boz's RSL Stadium Slideshow: 7/18/08
Boz's RSL Stadium Photos: 7/18/08
Boz Note...
If anyone out there fancies a specific photo that I've posted in the past, or perhaps a specific player, just drop me a line and I will email you the raw shot--for Free-Fifty-Free.
Just tryin' to spread that RSL love one photo at a time.