RSL BOZ

RSLBoz.com
 
Real Salt Lake 2-2 L.A. Beckham

(David Beckham forced a draw with two goals vs. RSL in Salt Lake City)




Deseret News/James Edward: Morales finally shines for RSL

"I felt really great, but I would've liked it more if we'd won," said Morales through a translator.


Deseret News/James Edward: Beckham makes RSL bend

...Naturally, RSL coach Jason Kreis departed Rice-Eccles Stadium upset.

"I thought it was a fantastic crowd and I thought we disappointed the crowd," he said. "I thought we should have and could have done better in that match to thank them for coming to support us because they were fantastic."


Deseret News/Michael Black: Beckham puts on clinic for crowd

"I realized that it would almost always be that way when we were in Australia and 85,000 fans were turning out," Beckham said of playing in front of large crowds. "It it better that way. When there are fans out to see the game it gives the players a lift. No one wants to go out and play in a nearly empty or half empty stadium."


The Salt Lake Tribune: Beckham brings a lot more to soccer than fame

"It's pop culture and he's a handsome man," Kreis said about Beckham's popularity. "First and foremost, it was his game that brought attention to him, and his looks have kept it."


L.A. Times: Beckham scores twice for Galaxy

ESPNsoccernet: Beckham scores twice as Galaxy play to draw




Boz Photos...





























Match Day...
RSL vs LAG Tonight/Rice-Eccles Stadium/7:00 pm


DesNews/James Edward: Real Salt Lake: Beckham's back, but RSL wants a win this time

"We know the significance of tomorrow, and we just need to come out and play like we're capable of playing," said RSL defender Chris Wingert. "We need to get wins; ties aren't good enough especially at home. We need to come out with that attitude; I think we will."


SLTrib/Martin Renzhofer: RSL: David Beckham comfortable in the constant spotlight

"He's just a player, like us," Rimando said. "If anything, the referees have a say out there. If they're trying to protect him or if they're trying to give him calls that they wouldn't give ordinary players, then it affects the game. The referees have been good so far."



SLTrib/Martin Renzhofer: RSL: VIPs get an update on stadium



Next week, the field is scheduled to be grated and the sub-air heating system installed. In addition, drilling will begin on "80,000 holes for chair back seats that will fill the bowl." The stadium is expected to be ready in October, in time for the MLS playoffs. "This is what will grow soccer in the U.S.," Beckham said.


DesNews/James Edward: New stadium impresses Beckham

"I'm very proud to be here, very proud to be representing the Galaxy," said the L.A. midfielder, who celebrated his 33rd birthday on Friday. "I'm very proud to be here two years after when I first heard the plans and saw what was going to be built. It looked special then and it looks even more special now.

"You've got a passionate team and a very passionate manager that will make this stadium proud..."


Video: Beckham at RSL Stadium Site


SeattlePI.com: L.A., Donovan hope for road success at Real Salt Lake

"Galaxy striker Landon Donovan has scored eight goals in his last four games on the plush grass at The Home Depot Center in Carson..."



There Can Only Be One


 

RSLBOZ.com